COVID-19 POLICY LETTER
Dear Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club Friends, Families, and Guests:
After watching trends throughout the country and in the event industry, we are writing to advise you of COVID protocols for Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club—opening September 30, 2021.
Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club will require proof of vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours in order to attend any and all events at our venue. In addition, masks will be highly encouraged when moving indoors – until you are seated. You have the option of removing your mask or keeping it on when seated.
You may present a physical or smartphone copy of your vaccine card.
It is with an abundance of caution that we are instituting these temporary messages so we can responsibly open our doors and offer live events. Our only goal with these measures is to create the safest environment possible for our guests, our staff, and the artists. Furthermore, you can be assured all Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club staff will be required to be vaccinated.
We will carefully follow the Federal CDC recommended protocols so that we can operate safely and responsibly. Together, we must follow these temporary safety measures in order for us to safely gather, for artists to earn a living again, for our staff to be employed, to rejuvenate our local economy, and most importantly, to connect with one another through the arts and live entertainment as both play an important role in our communities. Your cooperation with this policy will help us open successfully and not have to go to limited capacity or shut down completely in the future.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you at Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club soon!
The Jimmy’s Team
SAFETY AT JIMMY’S JAZZ & BLUES CLUB DEPENDS ON US ALL
By attending an event at Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club you attest that you answer “No” to the following questions:
- In the past 14 days have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or been asked to quarantine?
- In the past 10 days have you had new or worsening symptoms such as a fever, shortness of breath, persistent cough, sinus congestion or runny nose (not attributed to allergies), loss of taste/smell, headache, sore throat, severe muscle aches, fatigue, or nausea/ vomiting/diarrhea?
- In the past 14 days, have you had close contact or high-risk exposure to someone with an active or suspected case of COVID-19? This includes being less than 6 feet away for more than 15 minutes in a 24 hour period or direct contact with mucus or saliva.
- In the past 10 days have you been asked to get a COVID-19 test due to symptoms or risk of exposure and are still waiting for the results or received an inconclusive result?
- If you had a severe case of COVID-19, are you within 20 days of your last symptom?
By attending an event at Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club, you certify, represent and warrant as follows:
- I have fully received a COVID-19 Vaccine in the last 12 months.
- I have received a negative diagnostic test result for COVID-19 using a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or DOH authorized polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or other nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs) of comparable analytical sensitivity performance that was performed on a specimen (e.g., swab) collected within 72 hours of the performance/event start time.
- I have proof of a negative test result for COVID-19 from an FDA-authorized antigen test within 6 hours of the performance/event.
UPDATES FOR TICKET HOLDERS AND EVENT ATTENDEES
How will this work?
We will be trying to make it as fast, easy, and seamless as possible. You may present a physical or smartphone copy of your vaccine card or a negative test from a health care provider.
How long will this policy last?
We are hopeful that this temporary policy will not be needed in the future as things continue to improve.
Where can I get a COVID-19 test or vaccination prior to the event?
To find a vaccination location near you, please visit www.vaccinefinder.org, your healthcare provider or any local area testing facility nearby such as Walgreens or CVS.
Do kids need to have a COVID-19 test to attend with their parents?
Yes, unless they are vaccinated, children will need a negative COVID-19 test result to attend an event at Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club. For patrons who are not fully vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test result must be obtained within 72 hours.